- #: 227698
- Price: $1.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 2011-02-12
- Current Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 1.30 MB
- Language: English, Japanese
- Seller: Yuji Matsumoto
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
- © 2010 Safx Developers
Add to Favorite apps
*** Requires iOS 4.0 or later and Dropbox account ***DropFiler is a simple file manager for Dropbox. This app can edit, rename, move and copy files quickly.== Features Summary ==・ Dropbox file operation including move, copy, delete and rename (online…..
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Better than the Dropbox app
Robert Agcaoili write:
This is what I think Dropbox should've been. This app gives you complete control of your Dropbox account including moving files, renaming, duplicating, and uploading any file type (seriously, I haven't encountered a file that I couldn't upload yet).
Few changes to make this a 5-star app.
1) Improve on downloading and uploading. I haven't been able to upload/download in the background.
2) iPad compatibility whether through a universal app or separate one. For some reason, it doesn't allow file uploads from other apps on the iPad.
3) interface improvements. The interface here isn't bad, but any improvement would be welcome.
offline behavior is terrible
DC in NYC write:
While this app will cache files for offline use, it throws up a really irritating warning with EVERY SINGLE CLICK when you're not connected to the internet. It gets old really quickly.
Compare that to the offical Dropbox app, which just shows a light grey "unable to retrieve folder" in the background of a folder it doesn't have cached.
I'll gladly bump this up to 4 or 5 stars once these in-your-face popups are gone. I'd e-mail the developer directly, but the documentation page is almost entirely in Japanese :(
DC in NYC write:
Definitely has a more ambitious set of features than the native Dropbox app, but has some big issues:
- RTF files are mangled. I can view these same files with the official Dropbox app and they look fine, but with this app, there's garbage code all over the place
- No landscape view for documents (!?). This seems like a very basic feature
- Offline behavior is quite obnoxious. Rather than warn once that the device (iPod Touch, in my case) is offline, it puts up a big error message *with every click*. Try it. It gets old very quickly.
Also, the support page is in Japanese and there's no apparent way to contact the developer.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes